Support Urban Health Partnerships
Urban Health Partnerships’ (UHP) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to invest in our communities by co-designing sustainable change and promoting equity and well-being across the life span.
How does my support help Urban Health Partnerships?
We all have the right to a healthy life. Your support can help UHP continue its work with residents, governments, and organizations to make sure we all have access to opportunities to be healthy.
Check out the ways we work toward real, community-driven change:
- Every child has a right to grow up in a safe and happy place. We work to make streets safer for children to play, get to school, and be active like in our Vamos A Jugar Play Trail and Safe Routes to School.
- Every person has a right to healthy food. We work to ensure Broward county residents can access affordable healthy foods within half a mile of where they live and work like in our Food for All Broward initiative.
- Everyone has a right to be active. We work to make streets and open spaces safer and more accessible for kids and families, and older adults to be active like in our Vamonos Campaign in Little Havana and our Activate Overtown project.
- Every resident has a right to be heard. We work toward the empowerment of residents to be civically engaged and mobilize around issues that matter to them like in our Una Comunidad Conectada project in Little Havana.
- Everyone has a right to grow old with dignity and enjoyment. We work to build communities and systems where people of all ages can live work and play like our work with the Miami-Dade Age-Friendly Initiative and Partnerships for Healthy Aging in Place.
Below are a few ways to show support:
What is Amazon Smile?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
There are just 3 steps to ensure your support with UHP:
1. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in using your Amazon credentials.
2. After signing in, you will be directed to a page where you may select a charity. Click on ‘Or pick your own charitable organization’, and search for Urban Health Partnerships and click ‘select’.
3. Once Urban Health Partnerships has been selected, please make sure to shop using smile.amazon.com so that your purchases may be counted towards UHP.
What is Hungry Harvest?
Hungry Harvest, is a produce delivery service on a mission to end food waste and hunger. As part of the Produce Power Fundraising initiative, for every box of produce sold, 5% goes back to Urban Health Partnerships. Anyone can order, and boxes are delivered directly to supporters (within Hungry Harvest’s delivery areas) all year round.