Urban Health Partnerships (UHP) is a non-profit organization founded in 2011 whose mission is to invest in our communities by co-designing sustainable change and promoting equity and wellbeing across the lifespan. UHP focuses on promoting health and equity through policy, systems, and built and social environment (PSE) change through community-driven approaches. UHP brings a unique lens to place-based and community initiatives as its multidisciplinary team is able to integrate multiple perspectives in public and mental health, engineering and transportation, community development, and equity to implement change. UHP is the nonprofit arm of Urban Health Solutions.
Our vision is to build equitable communities where everyone can lead healthier and happier lives through physical, social, and emotional wellbeing.
Our mission is to invest in our communities by co-designing sustainable change and promoting equity and well-being across the life span. Since 2011, UHP has distinguished itself in its leadership in collective impact initiatives and by emphasizing community empowerment and integration. UHP brings a unique lens to place-based initiatives as its multidisciplinary team integrates perspectives in public and mental health, engineering and transportation, well-being, community development, and equity to implement change.
To accomplish this mission, we will:
- Implement ongoing community-driven projects and initiatives that improve health, safety, accessibility, quality of life, and mental, physical and social wellbeing.
- Support and lead community-driven action planning that addresses policy, system, and social and built environmental changes to create healthier and more equitable communities.
- Build the capacity and leadership skills of community members and stakeholders so they can feel empowered to advocate for community needs and enact sustainable change.
- Promote and integrate an approach of health and equity in all policies to improve health outcomes and reduce disparities through an improved social and built environment.
- Promote communities that are inclusive and responsive to individuals of all backgrounds, ages, and abilities through age-friendly policies and practices
We, the staff of UHP, will serve as role models for our community members, actively living those values and principles most important to us:
- We will operate with the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- We will actively embrace diversity and strive to always exhibit mutual respect and inclusive. practices for everyone in our community both external and internal to our organization.
- We will promote authentic community engagement in all the work that we do.
- We will invest in our communities through a long-term commitment to their health and wellbeing.
- We will maintain a vibrant environment fostering continual learning and improvement where all individuals, regardless of background, can feel valued and contribute fully to our mission.
- We will provide high-quality and high-value work efficiently in an environment that promotes flexibility, autonomy, and work-life balance.
- We will seek to be recognized as a leader and as an innovator in our field.
- We will continue to build a sustainable organization with strong organizational and fiscal health with a committed Board of Directors.