Our vision is to build equitable communities where everyone can lead healthier and happier lives through physical, social, and emotional wellbeing.
Our mission is to invest in communities by co-designing sustainable change and promoting equity and wellbeing across the life span.
To accomplish this mission, we will:
- Implement ongoing community-driven projects and initiatives that improve health, safety, accessibility, quality of life, and mental, physical and social wellbeing.
- Support and lead community-driven action planning that addresses policy, system, and social and built environmental changes to create healthier and more equitable communities.
- Build the capacity and leadership skills of community members and stakeholders so they can feel empowered to advocate for community needs and enact sustainable change.
- Promote and integrate an approach of health and equity in all policies to improve health outcomes and reduce disparities through an improved social and built environment.
- Promote communities that are inclusive and responsive to individuals of all backgrounds, ages, and abilities through age-friendly policies and practices
We, the staff of UHP, will serve as role models for our community members, actively living those values and principles most important to us:
- We will operate with the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- We will actively embrace diversity and strive to always exhibit mutual respect and inclusive. practices for everyone in our community both external and internal to our organization.
- We will promote authentic community engagement in all the work that we do.
- We will invest in our communities through a long-term commitment to their health and wellbeing.
- We will maintain a vibrant environment fostering continual learning and improvement where all individuals, regardless of background, can feel valued and contribute fully to our mission.
- We will provide high-quality and high-value work efficiently in an environment that promotes flexibility, autonomy, and work-life balance.
- We will seek to be recognized as a leader and as an innovator in our field.
- We will continue to build a sustainable organization with strong organizational and fiscal health with a committed Board of Directors.